The contractions were coming fast & furious, so we headed over to the hospital at around 6 pm. And now we’re back home again. Sari was dilated about 1-2 cm, and Dr. Russell (yes, they finally reached her) advised us to continue laboring at home.
I know this happens a lot, but it was hard for me to believe we couldn’t progress just as well in a hospital room. I had to trust the doc and Gabriela on this one, though, that it was gonna be better for Sari to labor back home. Comparing this to where we were just a few short days ago is amazing.
And now that we are back, it does seem like the right decision. Sari’s been laboring in the shower, which helped her pain a lot, and now Gabriela has her doing light lunges to help open up the birth canal. Sari’s exhausted, and she’s had trouble keeping food down, so we’re gonna put her back in bed to see if she can get some Z’s in between contractions.
Once her water breaks, or she goes into real active labor, we’ll head back to the hospital. I’m thinking it’s gonna be not too long from now.
I’m in absolute amazement at what Sari is going through and how strong she is.