I was just alerted to the funniest site I have seen in a long time: Tiny Art Director. (Am I really late in learning about this work of brilliance?) Basically illustrator Bill Zeman posts "commissions" he has done for his now four-year-old daughter, along with her comments and whether the "commissions" were approved or rejected. Art directors out there, please do not be offended, if I mention that her "critiques" are not so different than the typical comment from a "professional" AD. (Plus, Zeman’s art is really whimsical and funny.)
Who says Japan has produced the best basketball comic? Steve Morrison’s fumetti-style strip gives Slam Dunk a run for its money. The newest chapter features Adam Morrison trying to pick up new Charlotte coach Larry Brown at JFK airport; and co-stars Michael Jordan, Carmelo Anthony, Allen Iverson, Yao Ming, the entire roster of the New York Knicks, and Ron Burgundy! Check it out…
My fortune from yesterday’s Chinese food: “Handsome is that handsome dose.”
And have to pass on, BECAUSE THEY’RE SO DAMN FUNNY!!!
Yes, most of these have been floating ’round the interweb for years, and some aren’t video, but they’re new to me. And maybe you haven’t been inoculated yet either…
• The zombie kid with the turtle obsession. Listen to this and then cue up Johnny Cash doing “The Man Comes Around” from American IV. Brrrr. (P.S. The reporter’s stunned reaction is priceless.) Thanks to benchilada for giving me this one.
• Playmobil Security Check Point. Playmobil seems intent on representing all sides of our legal system in toy form, everything from airport security to police radar stations, from safecrackers to SWAT choppers.
• The Vader Sessions. Did you know Darth Vader appeared in a number of 70s blaxploitation flicks? Dig it.
• “Write this..or that..or maybe…” Brit comedians Mitchell & Webb do a hilarious spin on an editorial meeting.
• The Internet is for Porn. Before Phoebe (and A.D.), I played a lot of World of Warcraft. So much so that I thought this was brilliant. (Only later did I find out the song is actually from the Broadway puppet musical Avenue Q.)
• In the category of cute animal stories, I’m reduced to expressions of “awwwwww” by the tales of Owen and Mzee and the grateful lion.
• And, finally, this. I don’t care what the image’s provenance is, and whether it’s PhotoShopped or what. It just makes me giggle. Every time I see it. See? (Thanks to man_size for sending me this one.)